Napoleon NPS 45 problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachsinc

Dec 27, 2014
Orono, ME
Ok, I need some help. We have an NPS 45. It has run like a trooper. Ran fine all fall but I installed a new igniter today because we were starting it with gel. I unplugged the stove to install the igniter and when I fired it up, I get a number 4 light blinking, the convection fen comes on and the auger light stays on ( no power light) Any thoughts? Going to be cold tonight, sure would like to solve this one.

APPLIANCE SHUTS OFF AND #4 .LIGHT FLASHES.
The high limit switch has
tripped.
- This is a manual reset switch but should only be done by a qualifi ed technician once
the cause of failure has been determined.

I checked the high limit switch....it had not tripped but like n idiot during the disassembling of the stove one of the connections to the switch had come apart. Re-connected and I am off and running. Thanks for responding. Still having a time with my sons Hudson River West Point. It fires up, runs and then shuts down about 2-3 minutes after the convection blower turns on. It ran all night fine but ran low on pellets this morning. I have tried to start it twice and had to take the burn pot outside so the house wouldn't fill with smoke. Any ideas????

I can't help you, sorry, but you would probably get more responses if you start a new thread.
And, welcome to the forum!

Ok, had the stove running fine for over a month, today when I turned it on, the power light came on for about 2 seconds then immediately went out. It is not the outlet.....any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.