NAPOLEON OS 10 OIL STOVE RECOMMENDATION

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danrclem

Hearth Supporter
Jul 23, 2008
KY.
This is my first post here and I burn wood but I have a question about oil stoves. My mother wants a new freestanding oil stove. I'd cut wood for her but she's 85 and wouldn't be able to handle it. She lives just south of Lou., Ky. so oil stoves are not that common here. I can't find any dealers around here that have the stoves in stock so that I can look at them.

Do any of you guys or gals know anything about a Napoleon OS 10 stove with the ignitor and thermostat. I found some on the internet but would like to find out how good this stove is. My mother lives in a house that is probably less than 1,000 sq. ft. It was built sometime around 1935 but has been remodeled and has good insulation and windows. It has an upstairs but that won't be heated.

Any information about this stove or any other oil burners would be appreciated.

One of the good people at arborist.com highly recommended this site.

Danny

Sorry I can't help with this stove. But have you considered alternatives? A small heat pump might be safer as she grows older and would also provide air conditioning in the summer.

I've tried to talk her into some other type of heat but she won't hear of it. She has an old oil burner but it consumes so much fuel that it's getting really expensive. I just wanted to get her something more efficient and reliable. She already has a central A/C unit installed.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Danny

I'll check into the Monitor. I think I may have run across it while searching for oil stoves but I don't remember for sure.

Danny

Keep us posted and keep searching for info on the Napoleon. If she likes seeing the fire, this looks like a cute little stove. I'm curious about how well it works over the long term.

It's not that she likes seeing the fire because the one that she has now doesn't have a window in the front. It does have a window on the lighting door but when the side door is closed you can't even see that. I think it's mainly about being in a comfort zone with the type heat she has now and not wanting to change.

I did a google on the Monitor and after seeing it I realized that I had checked it out before. I do think that something like that would be better but she wants a stove that she can feel more comfortable with.

If I buy the Napoleon OS 10 for her (it's not definate yet because I'd really like to learn more about it) I will post back on here as to how it performs.

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.