Napoleon Pellet Insert Stove NPI-40- like it or can't stand it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kh395269

Mar 27, 2008
CT
Hi All,

I bought a Napoleon Pellet Insert (NPI-40)about a year ago now from Zoobler. It seemed to look nice and work very well in the beginning, but has always burned pretty dirty. We have to clean the pot and window daily.

About a month and a half into use, we started to have a ton of problems, and I mean bad, major problems. We had to replace the exhaust fan (the impellars were actually backwards and it was not exhausting properly), the blower dial burnt out, and we had to replace the convection fan twice. The customer service at Napoleon was atrocious and they were pretty much blaming us for their quality problems. The bearrings were going bad on the fans and they were all making horrible, horrible noises. I am still waiting for reimbursement to the tune of $400 on two of the fans. The season is winding down now, and we are using the stove much less, but we seem to be ok, at least for now. I'm really afraid one of these fans will go bad again and then I will be out another $200 without warranty. I really wanted to return the whole stove and replace with another, but the seller and manufacturer refused to give me a refund for the stove, despite thet fact that I had 3 bad blowers and another issue within 3 months. The manufacturer also refused to extend my warranty.

I was just wondering how everyone is making out now with these stoves. Have your problems been resolved if you were having any, or have you been running this for months and been actually having good luck? Would love to hear some feed back.... Thanks,Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.