1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Narrowed down to 2 companies either st. croix or enviro........you decide

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by deucedown, Jun 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deucedown

deucedown Member

Loc:
    poughkeepsie, ny
    It has come down to 2 companies here in poughkeepsie ny. I have taken advice and I like both of the dealers, they seem to go the extra mile. Given everything is equal in price and dealer availablility what would you chose. I still have to decide on a freestanding stove 35 - 45,000 btu. My wife likes the stoves that come in different colors, problem is they are 35 btu and I want 45. Thanks for any info.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Shane

Shane Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
    I'd go with the one you like the looks of most. If all other criteria are met what else is there to decide on? Remember it's you that has to look at it for the next few years
  3. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    I like both brands...substantial companies with long records....

So, YOU decide....ha ha
  4. deucedown

deucedown Member

Loc:
    poughkeepsie, ny
    I like your response webmaster...........no you decide....it's like a tag game, your it.
  5. Wet1

Wet1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    USA
    I decided... Harman P38+. :p
  6. deucedown

deucedown Member

Loc:
    poughkeepsie, ny
    No harmin dealers by me or else I prob. would of went with them!!
  7. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    its really hard to argue against either one , both are solid units with great track records. i guess the "burning question" would be , do you really need a 45Kbtu unit? or do you simply want the high end for cold house heating if away or in case of extreme cold? remember also that the max btu output is determined by how much fuel you feed to the fire hitting 45Kbtu will require more than 5 lbs per hour of feed rate which is better than 3 full bags of fuel a day, very seldom have i run into anyone who has to burn that much fuel to heat their house. as for deciding for you , i do not build either unit so i am obligated not to chose for you , but i will say as i did leading off , both are quality units and i doubt either one would disappoint you with its performance.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.