Nasty Day in Dutchess County NY

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katwillny

Just came back from shopping with the wife and kids. Its nasty out, rainy, windy, cold. Just all around bad weather. Nice to come into a home thats 78 degrees courtesy of my trusty Dutchwest Consolidated and Breckwell P22. Lets Go Giants.

Biggest snowflakes ever seen falling here. Plus we had an interesting morning where half the circuits in the house went out. We had lost one half of the board - switching the electric range on, bridged the boards as it's 220v - not really a suitable fix... A walk to the neighbors and then along my line revealed a smoking tree where the line was running through a v and the insulation had rubbed off. One fire department and power company later - fully restored power...

Ouch. Sounds like too much excitement for a Sunday. Sounds like you need you a generator my friend.

Katwill, I don't like your avatar!!

anyways, snowy here, nothing sticking but snowy anyways. Have the Jotul chuggin along

skinnykid said:
Katwill, I don't like your avatar!!

anyways, snowy here, nothing sticking but snowy anyways. Have the Jotul chuggin along

My Jotul is about 8 hours away from the install being complete - of course I need my power tools working to do that......

That's a great avatar skinnykid like it or not we still going all the way.

No your not, Yanks may take the Angels but will be shut down in the World series!! (at least I am hoping)

Status
Not open for further replies.