Natural Gas pipeline blows in Canada

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bioburner

Aug 4, 2012
West central Mn
NG users in Minnesota are being asked to turn down thermostats to relieve demand. Have they looked at the forecast? My area I going to be a high of -13F with lows close to -30F Monday and about as bad on Tuesday. Poor souls will be lucky if the heaters can keep up anyway.:( Local propain is now $4

Did you get to see the video - pretty impressive burn and makes me wonder what was disturbed in the area that may have lead to this. CBC News reported that many residents were trying to keep water lines from freezing by using alternative sources of heat. Local church is providing warming station -electric heat and an industrial heater brought in.

Looked like the train load of crude that went up in ND but a lot cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.