NC-30 baffles loose?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Jaque Janaviac

Feeling the Heat
Dec 17, 2009
Ouisconsin
I just noticed that the baffles on the top of my NC-30 do not fit snugly east-west. I noticed because there was a 1/4-inch gap between them so I adjusted them to fit together but that results in a gap on the side. Is this the way they are supposed to fit? It's going to be a pain constantly baby-sitting those fiber boards so that they don't get jostled out of position.

I think BB suggested taking some Roxul or Kaowool and stuffing it on the sides to fill in that gap. PE uses kaowool blanket on the sides to seal the side expansion gap on the baffle rails.

On one side I took one of those steel rods they sell in different sizes at the hardware store and slid it through a piece of quarter inch stove rope and the laid it in the gap. Been in there four years now.

I must be confusing your stove with another. I see you went the high-tech route!

I put a 2nd layer of ceramic board across the top. I bought the baffle board on ebay. Works great. Seals the top, but cost way more than what BB suggests.

I would honestly go the rod and gasket route.

Status
Not open for further replies.