NC-30 rectangular blower question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey_Marine

Nov 29, 2013
Northwest New Jersey
How much better is the rectangular blower you can buy seperate than the blower it comes with already? The round turbo looking blower the NC-30 comes with seems to work okay and id hate to spend 180 bucks on the horizontal blower if it isnt considerably better. If anyone has experience with both these blowers please let me know. Thank you very much

its a higher CFM blower , not enormously so, but it does move a bit more air, it has a rheostatic control instead of a high/low/off rocker switch. biggest advantage is that it gives a closer clearance with heat shields as it doesn't stick out 8 inches like the 16 does. if you are generally happy with the 16 (the stock blower) and do not need the closer clearance it may not be worth that much to you. but if you need just a bit more airflow it may be worth it.

What about noise per cfm? I could use a bit less airflow than the -16 on low, and if it's quieter at the same time... all the better.

it has a rheostatic control instead of a high/low/off rocker switch.
How low can it run and how much quieter is it compared to the low setting of the fan that comes with the 30?

should be its a twin cage blower with the motor mounted between the cages. now that im here at my desk i can look at actual CFM ratings , the ac-16 (stock blower) is 65 CFM, the ac-30 blower is 110 CFM so its actually more of a difference than i was thinking it was

Status
Not open for further replies.