1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

NE OHIO Locust Available

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by swagler85, Feb 13, 2013.

1. swagler85

swagler85 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    If any of yo have read the thread Big Job for Tomorrow regarding myuincle that was badly hurt in a tree cutting accident. This is regarding him. He has about 2-3 cord of locust that he was going to sell, he doesnt have a wood burner. This is all bucked and I will be splitting it. If anyone is interested and needs some they will be selling it for a good price. .This was cut recently and is green, if anyone is interested let me know. I will deliver if needed. He was the income for the family and will be off work for a long time.
    Backwoods Savage likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Ralphie Boy

Ralphie Boy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Kentucky along the Ohio River
    Wow swagler I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. Wish I was closer so I could help. What happened? Anything worth sharing about his accident that my help others avoid injury?

Once again I'm sorry to hear that.:(
  3. swagler85

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Was removing a silver maple with multiple trunks, It was in a tight neighborhood and a crane was used to get to the tree over a garage. The one trunk spun and something got in the safety clasp on the hook. It opened and let the piece fall, the piece was about 16-18" trunk and 30' long. it landed on him and pinned him to the ground. He lived but was severely injured.
  4. wingsfan

wingsfan Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Jackson,Mi.
    Oh wow, talk about a freak accident. Hope he gets well soon. Where in N.E. ohio is the wood? Just in case someone is interested. It's too far for me.
  5. Ralphie Boy

Ralphie Boy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Kentucky along the Ohio River
    Swagler, I'm without words. I read the original post and even responded how that job looked like fun or something like it....hope I didn't jinx the operation.

I'm sure I speak for the enitre Hearth.com family when I say your uncle, his family and you are in our thoughts and prayers and if we can help in any way we will.
  6. swagler85

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Its in Hartville. Canton Akron area
  7. ohlongarm

ohlongarm Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northeastern Ohio
    My regards ,a reminder to all of the dangers in tree work,hope he recovers to the max. What is the price on the locust,I can spread the word,I'm 35 minutes from Hartville.
  8. swagler85

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    I havent really set a price, his kids dont know too much about firewood and prices. I would guess around 125-150 a cord, great stuff and I would love to take it myself but if we can help make the family a little money then I would rather sell it.
    Backwoods Savage and loon like this.