1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Need 3 Tree's Identified to get even with them

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by evilgriff, Nov 24, 2012.

1. evilgriff

evilgriff Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Northern New Jersey
    P1010866.JPG P1010882.JPG P1010883.JPG P1010885.JPG P1010886.JPG P1010892.JPG P1010893.JPG P1010894.JPG P1010895.JPG These 3 trees chose to pick a fight by destroying my custom built pine shed. My goal is to cut them into pieces and burn the hell out of them. 2 of the trees were siamese at the bottom like they grew from one root. Anybody know what type of trees these are? I only have a Sirocco so this will be years and years of wood so I may give some away if I can't store it all, plus get help doing it.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Thistle

Thistle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central IA
    Pretty sure pics 2 & 3 are an Ash of some sort,White Ash most likely.Cant tell as easily with the others.
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  3. nrford

nrford Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW lower Mi.
    2 ash for sure and a hickory i believe.
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  4. Brewmonster

Brewmonster Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Central NJ
    I think he's got it!
  5. weatherguy

weatherguy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Mass
    Thats what I think too, how bad did it damage your shed? You can take out your frustrations with a maul, beat the crap out of it, you'll have it split in no time.
  6. evilgriff

evilgriff Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Northern New Jersey
    Shed is toast. 12x10, made it 2 inches taller than myself so I would never hit my head, but not too tall to stand out too much. Tongue and Groove pine sides. Can't get in yet to see what is damaged inside just yet. Pix of shed attached, one you can even see how the rear of the shed broke due to shifting framework. I could not identify the ash, but I believe the tree with the rot in the middle was a hickory as I had lots of hickory nuts in that area. The ash fell over during hurricane Sandy, and was leaning on the hickory. Kept trying to get tree guys to come, ya,ya, I'll be over tomorrow, ya, ya. Then a huge crash. No way for me to cut the tree before it fell.

Attached Files: