1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

need a good thermostat

Post in 'It's a Gas!' started by mullet2501, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mullet2501

mullet2501 New Member

Loc:
    Western Washington State
    I have a hearth village series propane gas insert in my living room and I was looking into buying a thermostat for it but I do not know much about them. I do know that I would like a wireless one. Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. R&D Guy

R&D Guy New Member

Keep in mind that a wireless receiver would require batteries or some sort of power source at the stove to receive and convey the wireless signal. In general electrical components including batteries have a temp limit of 140° F. So I can't safely spec one for your specific unit if the receiver sits inside, but can tell you I've done considerable R&D;on Skytech Products Group remote controls and have been quite impressed with their range and safety features. I've found their remote system to have the wireless range of a garage door opener which was unheard of before in the fireplace industry when Skytech set the bar back in late 2004.

I see they have a wireless thermostat available, and I'd suggest buying a handheld unit so you could keep it at your side like the TV remote.

This was the only web link I could find, sorry but I get all my product by calling them direct:

http://www.homeclick.com/web/catalog/brand_landing.aspx?type=M&manufid=1110
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.