need a program that i can layout my house and post it for ideas

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glenc0322

Minister of Fire
Dec 30, 2011
long Island NY
I am looking for a program that i can layout my house so i can show where my stove is and get some help heating a room in the back corner of my house. They say a picture is worth a thousand words so i am trying it out. I saw on a thread i read a while ago but cant find the thread again thanks.

What about hand drawing it and then posting a pic. That might be the simpliest.
You could try google sketch up.
Its a free download cad style program that will actually let you show the drawing in 3d and rotate it 360*

Im northport and you?

LOL too busy looking for the old thread i did not even think of that

Islip how did you make out with the storm? I was lucky did not lose power and no damage. was able to loan out my 2 generators to friends and helped a bunch of people hook up there generators.

Wow that's great. The south shore got trashed. Good for you.
I lost power for 9 days but had a generator.
Also have 3 more so I ran around loaning them to friends and backfeeding there panels.
Plus helped a bunch if people move trees.

Hey how are the gas lines by you. They are insane here.
I am a framer and need to run a generator and gas air compressor for the job I'm on.
I was able to fill a 55 gallon drum before the hype really hit but I'm almost out.
I hate lines. Wanna try and fill it up again.

The lines were bad last week but after they implemented the odd even yesterday they were good passed about 10 stations with no lines. i store gas like you do but i am not a farmer just want to have gas on hand incase something like this happens i ave around 40 gallons at my house that i rotate in my car. so the lines should not be that bad

I'm not a farmer either LOL. ;) I'm a framing contractor. That has been a long running joke.
Years ago when things were bumping, I had little signs made up and posted them all over that said FRAMERS WANTED
I got a few people with a southern drawl asking about the farming job.
Actually had one guy say that he never framed a house but built little ships in a bottle;hm

lol funny i was wondering where in northport there is a farm

Actually there is an animal farm close to me:) .
and there are many horse farms along the north shore.

Hows that drawing going?

will put it up tonight just got my generators back so going to change the oil

I am looking for a program that i can layout my house so i can show where my stove is and get some help heating a room in the back corner of my house. They say a picture is worth a thousand words so i am trying it out. I saw on a thread i read a while ago but cant find the thread again thanks.

Very old thread, I know but if you are still interested in a easy, free program to lay out your house you could give "Sketch Up" a try
at this link: http://www.sketchup.com/intl/en/download/gsu.html

Google started the program and these folks took it over for them.

thanks

A+ CAD is a very good free program. Same commands as autocad just a much simpler form.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but graph paper and a pencil will work fine too.

Status
Not open for further replies.