1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

need advise

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by GZOG, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GZOG

GZOG New Member

Loc:
    WISCONSIN
    Hi I am doing a complete remodel of a 2000 sq foot farmhouse. I would like to run in floor heat I am thinking under the floor in ceiling, first question I have herd a lot of ways, what have people found to work best, and most affordable?
    Do I use regular pex or pex with aluminum in it? I am going to use wood to heat the water I do not think I will need a back up boiler because I would have forced air in emergency, and in spring and fall.
    I would like to heat the hot water; if the wood boiler runs out will I be heating the boiler with an electric water heater?
    And the most difficult question what type of boiler do I use? I would like to keep it outside but could put it in my garage I was looking at an outdoor wood boiler but the price is high and I have herd they use moor wood. Would I be better off using a boiler in my garage? Should I use a storage tank? Can I use my Cistern ?
    Just looking at options I have some time.
    You all sound very knowledgeable and might be able to get me pointed in the fight direction.
    I am also looking for the do not's as well as the do's
    Thanks and have a great turkey day!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Hogwildz

Hogwildz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Next to nuke plant Berwick, PA.
    Your best bet is to post this in the boiler room ;)
    Pex makes a specific tubing for radiant floor heating.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.