Need Blower Motor Replacement for Ember Hearth Woodstove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mr humble

Hearth Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
Wyoming
I have been all over the web and found this great site. I have a 30 odd year old Ember Hearth stove on which the blower motor is fading fast.

The Motor says on it: High Tech Zion ILL 60099 (long gone) 484T 1550 RPM Cust # 367-004 Model H00104484T
Dimensions are (close) 5 & 7/8" long with shaft, shaft 2 & 1/4", Motor alone 3 & 5/8" long, Diameter 3", 110 V, single speed.

I have looked on the electric motor websites and the wood stove sites. The motors don't match or they want to sell you a whole new blower unit for more than the stove is worth,
besides which the blower flange is 9 & 1/2" wide and 5" high. Nobody comes close.

It's just a little motor and should be simple to replace but I am striking out. Any assistance would be most appreciated as the nights are already
in the 40s up here at 7700 feet. Thanks!

Your best bet is a local electrical repair shop. If they can't nail a motor to replace it they can rebuild the one you have. Of course taking that motor and stove to the landfill and getting a newer more efficient stove would save you a lot of money or labor in wood consumption and provide more heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.