need good dry seasoned wood near Jim Thorpe Pa..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cruiser

Jan 3, 2010
Jim Thorpe Pa
Anybody in this area know of a good source for quality wood.. most I have seen are green/wet "well seasoned" which was just really split last week in the state game lands and sneaked out of areas with standing dead,, or not so standing dead..

Place an ad on CL wanted section for dry, seasoned <25%mc firewood. I doubt you'll get a response, but trying won't hurt!

The CL people around here are selling fresh cut 2/3 of a cord and calling it a cord.. They load the top of the dump truck with real nice stuff dump and run.. I keep looking.. I have to pick up stuff for next year and after,, I have a source for oak split $100 a cord but its too green for this year..

Status
Not open for further replies.