need help adjusting my stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

allen

Feb 4, 2007
i have a new englander pellet sove and i do not think i have the thing adjusted right. how do i adjust the augures so i get the best heat and least usage of fuel

Englanders are new to most of us here but they have some people here on the forum. Have you checked their online links?
Pellet stoves are roughly the same animal but settings vary based on the location and install type, and pellets..
Experiment...experiment....experiment.....
It looks like the Englander automaticly adjusts the distribution blower based on the feed setting.....
I would start at a middle setting on the feed range say 4-6 and adjust based on results seen....
Let her run for a couple of hours before making changes. It is best to maintain the temp in the room and not turn it down or off durring the day.

Welcome Allen. Can you describe what you are seeing and what you are trying to correct?

In a general sense, you want a strong flame that is very lively and no sooting. You want enough air going in the firepot to keep the pellets from building up but not so much air that the pellets burn faster then there dropping. Once you have it balanced it should be trouble free.

Status
Not open for further replies.