Need help assembling stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Agiancarli

Feb 8, 2018
New Jersey
Hi,

I recently came in possession of a wood stove. Plate on rear of stove reads, “China Metal Products Co., LTD. Mode: CM115A-T. ICBO No. 3468

It came in pieces and I am trying to assemble the stove. Out side box assembly is pretty straight forward. Having trouble figuring out how the internal pieces go together. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can post pics if someone could help me. Thanks, Anthony.

Can you send us a picture? Did you buy it your self? On Line? If so, forward us the link to the website, so we might be able to help.

Last edited:
Pictures of the stove in its current state of assembly and of the interior of the stove will help. Did it come with any documentation?

Hi Jan and begreen,

Thank you for your replies. Sorry for late response. Long day at work.

I picked this stove up on craigslist. It came with no documentation. Just the info plate on its rear. See previous post.

I have uploaded pics of the front and side of the stove along with photos of the internal pieces.

I have tried to search the web for an instruction manual or guides, but to no avail.

Thank you both for your help.

Anthony

additional unknown internal pieces.jpg Rigts side of stove.jpg Stove Front.jpg Stove Inside.jpg Stove top and unknow internal pieces.jpg Unknown internal pieces.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a Jotul Black Bear knock off. Some of those parts you labelled as inside,
are actually the upper body parts...See the Black Bear Image below...

Attachments

• Black Bear.jpg
    Black Bear.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 300
Where in NJ are you? We have quite some members in NJ, including me, and some might offer some help. Have you removed all the rust already?

As @DAKSY said, most likely a knock off. Maybe a Scandia. You might want to search www on drawings and parts, to find out which part goes where.

Yes, it's a knock-off of a Jotul F118. Here are some pics and diagrams for that stove. Put in the side burn plates first, then seat the baffle on top of them.

Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 6.49.37 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 6.50.28 PM.png