Need Help Identifying Chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

linckeil

Mar 3, 2008
newtown ct
here are some pics of a chimney i am considering buying. i cannot find a manufaturer name. any ideas?

here's what i do know:
-one of the elbows is stamped "made in canada"
-it is double wall. ID 6" OD 8"
-the setions twist and lock together and then a locking band is added at each joint.

thanks

Attachments

• chimney1.jpg
    chimney1.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 308
  • chimney2.jpg
    chimney2.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 317
  • chimney3.jpg
    chimney3.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 307
  • chimney4.jpg
    chimney4.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 310
It looks like it may be Oliver-Mcleod. The base tee/support system looks like it. I have a few odd pieces around from 15 to 20 years ago. Not anything really useable. I'm not sure but Pro-jet is a possibility as well. Companies buy and sell each other so quickly these days its hard to keep up with them. If I'm not mistaken Oliver-McLeod made Pro-jet chimney in Gravenhurst, Ontario.

it looks to be selkirk superpro / supervent

I agree super pro/super vent

The cap (which could be an aftermarket add-on) looks exactly like Oliver-Mcleod/Pro-jet, and nothing like any one elses. I guess the real question is why buy a used chimney? If there is no indelible hallmark you can't be sure of who made it and what parts will fit it. unless you are lucky enough to need this exact configuration and need nothing else you'll be stuck with it. REMEMBER you can't mix and match parts.Spend a little and get something you can work with. Supervent/Superpro are good but stay away from some of the older stuff that had a high chloride content in the insulation. a little moisture made it corrode and pinhole pretty fast

J.T. Black Goose

thats exactly why i am asking if anyone can identify this - so that i can be sure i can get the missing parts i need from the manufacturer......

this setup has 90% of what i need at 20% of what it would cost me new.

super pro does not technically allow for the elbows to be outside the building so this may not be the right setup for you if this is part of why you are looking at it.

Any numbers or letters in the stamp besides "made in Canada" ?

i won't be using either of the elbows for my application.

i hope to get a better look at it this weekend and get up on a ladder to look for any more markings, but the "made in canada" stamp on the elbow was all i was able to find at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.