Need help identifying this chimney manaufactor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cabinwarmer

Burning Hunk
Sep 11, 2020
SE PA
Good Day, I am trying to connect to this chimney pipe that was installed 15-20 years ago in my shop with DVL. It is 6 inch stainless with thread twist type connectors for the stove pipe to attach to. DVL does not have threads that I am aware of. Can I install DVL to this chimney? I had my new GM60 connected to the same chimney type with DVL by an installer a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I was not there to see how he did it. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Dave

IMG_1638.jpg

The DVL adapter twists in a quarter turn to lock it in place. That goes between the support and the stove pipe.

There might be some old stickers on the class A portion of the pipe, I'm pretty sure that as far as class A pipe, you need to use the same components for everything to work, if its dura vent class a then the support box should also be dura vent. I have a dura vent system and tied my dvl with the black adapter that has a screw flange that gets screwed to the bottom outside of the big, but there's also a stainless steel inner ring that would work to.

Thanks guys...I think I have it. Here is what I am looking at.
The stove outlet is 7 inches on a 45. Here is the order of piping from the stove upward. I require 74 inches from stove top to chimney box.
1- DVL 45 - 7dvl-e45 - (length 7 inches)
2- DVL decrease 7-6 inches 7dvl-x6 (length 7 inches)
3- DVL pipe 24inches 6dvl-24 (length 24 inches)
4- DVL adjustable pipe 6 inch 29-46inches 6dvl-46ta ( length will use 33 of the 46 inches possible)
5- DVL adapter - to chimney twist on - 6dvl-adt ( length 3 inches)
total pipe length would be between 70 and 87 - fits my 74 requiremnt

I will be reducing the pipe from 7 to 6 inches as right after the 45 degree elbow from the stove top.
Does this sound like it would work?
Thanks for taking the time to help out.

Dave

If possible, it should be verified that this is a Duravent system. If that is hard, then maybe just get the adapter first.

What stove is this for, the old Upland? How much vertical rise will there be from the stovetop to the chimney cap?

Upland 107. Rise is approx 11-12 feet.

Ok. That should work with the old Upland. A newer stove might want more height.

I have had it burning with the 7 to 6 inch reduction at the top of the internal pipe (70inches). I seem to draw fine. Now I am thinking of putting the reducer more towards the stove top. Is that an issue? Just moving it down for ease of install and save a few bucks on 6 inch dvl instead of 7.

I have had it burning with the 7 to 6 inch reduction at the top of the internal pipe (70inches). I seem to draw fine. Now I am thinking of putting the reducer more towards the stove top. Is that an issue? Just moving it down for ease of install and save a few bucks on 6 inch dvl instead of 7.
No, that makes sense.

OK, received my M&G Duravent chimney adapter. I have installed it and am ready to purchase more pipe. Do I need all M&G Duravent? Will Simpson Duravent work? Some are listed with neither M&G or Simpson, just Duravent. Combination of both? I have searched, and am finding different opinions. I have all the "Duravent" part numbers (listed above from Duravents web), just unsure of the manufacturer dependencies.

+ I just called Woodland direct and they are saying all Duravent DVL is interchangeable......help?

Thanks!

Last edited:
OK, received my M&G Duravent chimney adapter. I have installed it and am ready to purchase more pipe. Do I need all M&G Duravent? Will Simpson Duravent work? Some are listed with neither M&G or Simpson, just Duravent. Combination of both? I have searched, and am finding different opinions. I have all the "Duravent" part numbers (listed above from Duravents web), just unsure of the manufacturer dependencies.

+ I just called Woodland direct and they are saying all Duravent DVL is interchangeable......help?

Thanks!
That's correct. As long as it is Duravent DVL it is interchangeable.

Here is the photo of the M&G Duravent chimney adapter installed. I may take some Rutland furnace cement to the inner ss pipe joints, just to close any gaps. Look OK for more DVL Duravent?

Attachments

• IMG_1657.jpg
    IMG_1657.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 93