Need help - Large cast iron box - behind veneer brick - **pics**

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I had my first guy come in to price rafacing it...and he had the nerve to tell me $2000 just for the labor, not including materials. I wanted to kick him out right there and then, $2K is absolutely rediculous.

As for the above comment about filling in the gaps with morter etc...I do plan on doing that. I will be stuffing the holes with insulation, brick and morter to even it all out. The one difficulty is that it's hard to tell in the above pic I have but it's all very uneven...

There is some brick sticking out and the steel box itself is warped, so it's not really flat. I may have to end up building a steel frame around it to attach the cement board to it to be able to be able to really have a flat even surface.

Either way...there is no way in hell I am going to pay another $2000 to finish this off, that's just insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.