NEED HELP PLEASE ITS ABOUT AND OIL-ER

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burd

Feeling the Heat
Feb 29, 2008
Bell bell Pa.
Ha guy I have a old craftsman 18" chain saw made by poulan We think its 20 plus years old Now we got this thing up and running today but its really throwing oil. Now it does have a set screw on the oil-er we turned it to the right and the screw bottomed out and it didn't slow down at all. Is it possible that were turning the set screw the wrong way.
Which direction do you turn the oiler to incease or decease the flow
Thanks Burd

not sure but did you turn it the other way and see? I mean you might as well try it and see.
BTW a new oil pump for the poulan I put on last year was only a $10 part.

Thanks Dan.
The problem is that I dont have the saw my brother does and he fells that if he turns it to far left that he'll loss the set screw. So I was hoping some out here in cyber space could reinsure the fact.
Thank Burd

Status
Not open for further replies.