Need help replacing gasket on Avalon Astoria

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike141

Nov 6, 2006
I have had an Avalon Astoria FS pellet stove for the past 4 yrs now and I would like to replace the door gaskets, can anyone direct me on how to do this? I never did it before and would like some help. Thanks!

Hi Mike, I was an Astoria owner until about 2 months ago, and had replaced the door gasket last spring. First of all, you need to pull all the old gasket out of the channel, and use screwdrivers/scrapers/utility knives, etc to cleanout as much of the old silicone as you can.

Then, using Hi temp silicone, just lay a good sized bead into the bottom of the channel, and press the new gasket into place. I recommend starting at the bottom in the center, and work your way around, making sure the ends fit snug against each other. Close the door & latch it, and let the silicone set-up for about 2-3 hours before firing the stove.

Pretty easy....getting the old silicone out was the biggest PIA

Status
Not open for further replies.