Need help with Cat toys and an Englander 13nc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

n6crv

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Aug 5, 2007
Hillsdale Co. Michigan
Hello, well I was cleaning up the Englander to get ready for the Fall. Looked in back of of the stove where the blower air comes up. I now have a few plastic toys that the Cat thought would be fun to put there. How can I get them out? The back does not come off and I have tried getting them out with a wire but not having much luck.
Don

Sounds like something my cat would do.Fire in the hole!lol

Shop vac?

I am with rick, shop vac the cat, errrrr, I mean cat toys out. How many btus does a cat have? I suppose it goes by weight! I have a cat too, just have to shake your head at the wierd stuff.

I would try a piece of rope. Drop one end down the side inside the heat shield on one side and the other end down the other side. Pull both ends from the bottom and it should "sweep" the feline amusement items out from inside the shield.

I've always suspected that those nutty ESW guys used kittens to make their stoves. Now you've confirmed it. Send it back under warranty. :)

Thanks!!! They are out! Went over and got a grabber from the neighbor then also used the shop vac with a 3/8 piece of tubeing. It now has the vent covered so I should be fine. By the way the cats were happy to get their toys back.
Don

There was a time cats just pooped in your shoes when they were pissed.

So Bill, now they piss in your shoes when they're pooped? :p

Good that you got them out Don. If not, I'm expect Rick would have suggested next that you try to ferret them out.

There goes any chance of your stove purring along this winter!!!! ;-)

BeGreen said:
...Rick would have suggested next that you try to ferret them out.

To every animal, there is a purpose. Rick

The smell would of been real nice this Winter. Kind of hot plastic and burning fur. They only jumped on the stove once last year. It was right after I got it going so it was not very hot but I didn't know a cat could move so fast. I now have a towel across the back so nothing else will drop in. I don't think I could train a ferret to retrieve.
Don

Cool cat..... Here is mine Suki Aki...... daughter of Tarzan. (breed....Bengal)

Attachments

• Need help with Cat toys and an Englander 13nc
    sukiaki_03_large.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 185
Status
Not open for further replies.