need help with Fisher Paykel dish drawers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help!!
I have FP dish drawers for 3 years. The top is used for about 6 months a year- about once a week, sometimes less. The bottom has not been used more than a few times.
Tuesday nite, I needed to use the bottom drawer, and it made alot of noise, and flashed F2, which is the motor not turning. OK- the top one was running, so I thought I would look at it when the top finished.
I went to empty the top when it was done- and it would not open- it was not locked- it just 'dragged' open- very, very hard.

I have the manual.

I have taken the top tub out to look at the top, thinking it had not gone all the way up. I see it is up- I don't see anything wrong with the top panel. The gaskets are straight, smooth, withno warped, damaged areas.

The drawer just won't slide in or out. It is sitting 'open' at this time, because it won't go back in.

Because the top won't go back in, I can't look at the bottom.

I can't get a repair man- I am not working, and probably never will again.

I called FP, and they refuse to let ANYONE talk to a technician- they say you just have to call a repair person- I can't.

I supposedly bought the two best appliances that were available- the Harman pellet stove, and now the Fisher Paykel. What a joke. What frustration.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

I have the same model dual drawer have used it for three years as well. The Drawers are just that they run on a track make sure they are on the track on both right and left. If it is I have notice when you slide it open there is a chance something can fall between the two drawers. I would try to open the bottom drawer and see if something falls down if it does then atleast the top works and you can take off the bottom plate to get at what got stuck. As far as the motor not turning on the bottom this "I think" is an easy fix the inside arms turn by a magnet if the bottom plate or arms are not seated or twisted on all the way it will cause it to blick F2. I hope this helps I was wondering if you have to run dishwasher cleaner through your alot I have to about every three months?

Mmaul- I finally have an answer. I believe I told how bad the F&P;customer service was.....horrid.
I talked to Vann's Appliance store- NOT where I bought the drawers- the people- inparticular Jamie, was sooo very great! She not only got in touch with the area rep and told him what happened, she also called later to see if everything had been straightened out! The rep called shortly after she contacted him, and said he would have everything taken care of- at their cost.
An appliance guy rated for F&P;came out- quite a long drive, and found out the top drawer had broken the lid at a hinge. The bottom drawer rotor was kaput. He was able to combine parts so I could use one drawer- I am just waiting for him to come out with the new parts. Someone at F&P;told me I would have to order parts from New Zealand- he said bull.... there is an American part of the company in California.

I have not bought anything at Vann's before, but you better believe the next appliances will be from them!

I am glad you got everything worked out and thats good to here about customer service. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.