Need help with my Vermont Castings Intrepid II

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jake7

Aug 25, 2009
Central CA
I've got an Intrepid II, catalytic stove. Believe it's model #1303 but not certain.
Here's the question: the secondary probe assembly and secondary air flap are new, but how do I know if it's all working?
At room temperature the flap is open. When there is a roaring fire it's still open, using a mirror and a flashlight I can see the space.
So, what's supposed to happen and what exactly is the air flap for? When I put the new parts on I was careful not to tighten the screw that holds the flap on too tight.
Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me,

Welcome Jake, your post made it. I don't really have any info for you, but thought I would bump this question back towards the top for easier review (for someone that may actually be able to help you. %-P )

Status
Not open for further replies.