Need Help with pro former z

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miaspitbull

Dec 2, 2009
boston
Hello all,
I recently purchased a home that has a stove in it. I was told that the the stove was a wood/coal, Stove is a pro former z and appearently this company is no longer around. I would like to burn coal this winter but don't want to till i'm sure i can burn coal in it don't just want to take their word for it. There is a plaque card on back of stove with a model number but there are a series of different numbers with fuel content. for ex. first series say 21-24 wood/coal, #24 wood/coal, #28 wood/coal, 24 wood only 28 wood only. to me this tells me nothing hopefully someone here could tell me something. there are 2 doors on the side of stove upper and lower the upper one is for the fuel it has cast iron grates and rocker. the lower one is tray for removing ash. there is a shaker on opposite side this stove is also a side loader and has a blower on bottom in rear. Any answers would greatly be appreciated thank you

Whoa, that was a blast from the past! That Pro-Former was my first stove (given to us by a friend so we could keep our electric heat costs down when we bought our first home!). It had been sandblasted and powder-coated and, besides not knowing how to use it well, it was pretty good. We've now bought two new stoves and a bunch of wood-cutting gear!

How much changes...and how Hearth.com has been here all along.

S

Status
Not open for further replies.