Need liner installation help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berone

Sep 17, 2007
Peekskill, NY
I would think that there should be several threads talking about the DIY installation of a liner. I just can't find any of them. Can anybody point me in the right direction? I saw a video from Rockford on utube, but they glossed over the actual pulling it down the chimney part. My chimney takes a gentle bend, so I'm sure it won't drop right in the way it's indicated it will. I've read references to using a rope to pull it, but not on how to attach said rope.
Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

A search for "liner installation" returns 594 pages of threads.

Some liner kits come with a collar that wraps around & gets screwed to the liner end & has a U-shaped strap
welded to the collar, that allows you to attach a rope to it...
I've made my own at times, when the liner kit didn't come with one, out of sheet metal
& zip-screwing the collar & the strap to the end of the liner...
Good luck!

That's not 594 threads saying how to install a liner, it's 594 threads with the words "installation" AND "liner" in them somewhere. After reading for an hour or so I thought someone might have bookmarked a pertinent thread.

If you go to you tube and type in liner installation theres some videos, not sure if you waded through them to find one like yours.

Daksy - Mine didn't come with that and I'm having a little trouble visualizing. You're talking about a piece of sheet metal wrapped around the liner and screwed in place with a metal u attached that the rope ties to. Now that I type it I think I see what you mean. Any danger of pulling the screws out of the liner while you're tugging?

Weatherguy - I'll go to youtube and take a look. I ran out of time reading threads tonight and had to actually go and do my job. I remember seeing a photo of someone pulling a liner on the forum here, but I didn't bookmark it and was unable to find it again.

Thanks,

Berone, don't feel bad about the search on this site, its totally broken and doesn't find anything recent when I try to use it. I wish it would get fixed *hint*

cut a few slits in the end of the liner and crush it into a cone around a rope with a knot tied in it. Wrap the entire end with duct tape. Now you have a pull cone.

Thanks, JTP. That sounds easy enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.