Need major help with firebricks, please!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowep

Sep 17, 2014
Madoc Ontario
Hi there,
I have this woodstove I believe to be a Cartier 1 Heritage wood stove.

IMG_1062.JPG

I got it used and the bricks were mostly broken, so not thinking I just pulled them out and chucked them. So now I have a handful of new fire bricks from the local hardware store and learned that they don't fit properly! So can anyone PLEASE help me and possibly know what sizes of bricks I need for the floor and walls? It would be greatly appreciated!!
I have attached a pic just incase i'm wrong on the model!
Thanks a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:
The bricks are pretty easy to cut to the exact sizes needed.

Yep - it isn't unusual to custom size the bricks when buying standard sizes. If ordered from the MFG they will typically be correct sizes (but also more $$$).

It probably uses the 9"X 4"x 1.25" bricks that are hard to find anymore. Most bricks you find now are 9"x 41/2" x 1 1/4".

Well, give me a 9" x 4½" x 1¼" brick, and about 30 seconds later I'll hand you back a 9" x 4" x 1¼" brick. Compound miter saw with a masonry blade. Easy peasy. (Do it outside and wear a dust mask)

Thanks a lot for all the help! I don't really know if I got a good stove? but I do know that all the parts are in great shape. now.....how long till I will need a new stove? lol

I have cut many many fire brick with a circular saw with a masonry blade. No problem, it is easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.