Need manual for Waterford 100B

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

theora55

Hearth Supporter
Mar 8, 2008
Southern Maine
Just had a used Waterford 100B installed. I'm not sure how to use the lever on the bottom. Seller is unavailable. I can see that the lever connects to something at the back of the stove; assuming it controls air.

FYI, I did have it professionally installed. It's running fine, but I'll bet it would be better to have the manual. I'll post pictures when things are organized enough for me to find the cable to the camera.

Thanks. This forum is a terrific resource for a newbie woodstove owner.

Waterfords are no longer sold to the US, so you might have trouble finding a manual. I would try google to start, or maybe someone here might have one.

The original Leprechaun 100B had a spin draft on the door below the viewing window. Looked like a Mercedes Benz emblem. If your stove has a lever under the ash tray, and no spin draft in the door, it sounds like a Leprechaun 100B 90-OA. This version was designed to allow connection of outside combustion air. If you've got one of these, you'll see a protruding 4" round air intake thimble centered near the top of the rear plate. Let the stove cool, reach into this thimble, and you'll feel an air damper open and close as you actuate the draft handle. Open = shorter, hotter fire: Closed = longer, cooler fire.

Tom, It does have the "Mercedes Benz emblem" that lets air in the front, and also has the lever. BeGreen, I went to that site and missed that manual. It's exactly what I needed. Thanks very much; I knew I'd get good answers here.

I have a manual for a Leprechaun 90. I've had the stove since 1987, having moved with me from NH to OH to IL to CT. Still have it, though not in use right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.