1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

need operationg instructions for vc resolute

Post in 'Vermont Castings & CDW Dutchwest older Models' started by zacharytn1, Jan 26, 2014.

1. zacharytn1

zacharytn1 New Member

Loc:
    tennessee
    I have a vc resolute (old style) and cant find the owners manual or op instructions. if you have them or know where to find them that would be great!! thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
  3. DougA

DougA Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S. ON
  4. zacharytn1

zacharytn1 New Member

Loc:
    tennessee
    Are there any special places to clean? I was reading up on the manual and the horizontal burn chambers, how do i know if they are clogged? It looks pretty clean overall, no warpage and everything but the front door latch works smooth. I just push the doors closed together and it seams to seal well
  5. MountainMan4865

MountainMan4865 New Member

Loc:
    Ca
    I also have a 1979 Resolute 2 door model, but I need some parts, the right interior glass is broken, also there is no grate in the floor, just the actual ribbing.
    I can't find a picture showing part numbers etc. that I know would be of great help.
    Thanks
  6. fbelec

fbelec Minister of Fire

Loc:
    northern massachusetts
    welcome to the forum
    if your vc resolute is like my 1978 vc defiant those ribs on the floor are the grate. but keep a layer of ash above those ribs for insulation from the extreme heat of the fire and build your fire on the ash. if you don't have one get a thermometer for the stove top and run it about 500 to 600 and you'll be ok.

frank
  7. dlj

dlj New Member

Loc:
    Monroe, NY
    Check the re-circulation pathways. Hard to clean but you can get a light in there and look a bit.Is the stove hooked up?

dj