Need Parts for a Breckwell P26 Cadet Free Standing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bit_flores

Hearth Supporter
Dec 31, 2007
Ohio
Well my good old P26 exhaust motor (combustion air blower motor) died. Been running since 1995. Not too bad! When examining the stove, I also discovered the thermodisks were falling apart. So I will need a replacement exhaust motor & thermodisks.

What is the best source for these parts? Breckwell or other vendor? I had heard that the company was bought out and that the parts were different (better or worse?) now. Thoughts? opinions?

I am thinking about a complete overhaul of all the motors and other replaceable components. What would you recommend to replace besides the bad exhaust motor & thermodisks? Any good upgrades I can do while doing an overhaul?

Thanks in Advance!

I'm not sure about the company being bought out (I'm sure others could comment on that) but their website is up and running and fairly up to date: breckwell.com
I don't see any mention of a P26, they refer to P22, P23, P24, P2000, P2700 and the Big E.

I called their support number last year and had great results. They were very helpful in telling me exactly what year my stove was made based on the s/n which helped me in ordering the correct part and also gave me some good troubleshooting tip (not as good as the tips here, but they were very willing to talk me through my issue on the phone).

As far as parts, I would get the correct part number from the website and google it to find the best price online including shipping. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.