Need plumbing help for dhw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tiswood

Sep 9, 2015
Delaware
i need a diagram or something . I have a ds160 wood stove that I'm switching to for the upcoming winter. I need a specific diagram that will work to hook up domestic hot water. I currently have 1-50 gal tank but am going to use 2 (I hear that is better)? 1 will have elect to use during summer time. The other will basically just be storage. I'm concerned the water will become to hot if we're using it with 1 tank. I plan on elevating the tanks so I do not need a pump to circulate . The tanks will set right behind the stove. I have a plumber friend but he has never hooked up this system before so I need a good working plan. Thanks in advance.

wp_ss_20150914_0005.png Here is a basic diagram.

I have only burned it off outside prior to bringing it in the basement. My old stove was an all nighter. It was used about 35 years. I will post my thoughts on the ds after I get a feel for it. That will prob be in November . Other than the all nighter I don't have anything to compare it to . My guess is there's better more efficient and there's worse . I was trying to find a decent stove for the $$. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.