1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

need to find installer for a pellet stove

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by bushj, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bushj

bushj New Member

Loc:
    Boston
    I'm having a hard time finding an installer for a pellet stove. My local Harman dealer will not have pellet stoves until Jan 09 and will not install other brands. I can get another brand of stove within a month but the closest dealer is in Sudbury Ma. and I live in Medford ma. He will not do the installation for me. Until I can get an installer I'm reluctant to buy anything. How do I find an installer?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. orangecrushcj7

orangecrushcj7 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Barre MA
    try asking your building dept - they may have some leads
  3. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    you might find some leads here http://www.zoobler.com/installers.php just type in your zip and start calling. i have used this myself to help folks find installers in their area and i will tellyou what i tell them , i do not know anything about 99% of the installers in this database , so research them if possible before committing to an installer. hope this helps ya
  4. gw2kpro

gw2kpro New Member

Loc:
    Central Maine
    Look in the phone book under chimney sweeps, many of them can do installs. Check the local classified ads for stove installers.
  5. kristin2000

kristin2000 New Member

Loc:
    maine
    I just found the most fabulous installer in Maine ever in the world yesterday, who I did not buy my stove from by the way, who is happy to install my stove as well as service it forever. He was kind, fair priced, reliable, experienced, and the best customer service I have ever experienced with any kind of item. Sorry that this probably doesn't help you in mass., but any Mainers out there might be looking for a saint!
  6. MCPO

MCPO Minister of Fire

Loc:
    western Ma , close to NY state border
    Installing a stove doesn`t require a high degree of skill or any certification. Most anyone who can do small household projects will have enough mechanical ability to install a pellet stove.
    The code requirements are reasonably straightforward and easy to understand along with the manufacturers instructions and example diagrams that are almost always parallel with the code .
  7. wellsme

wellsme Member

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    We are having Gerry form 4 Seasons Chimney http://www.4seasonschimney.com/index.html install our stove here in Dorchester. He came out
    on Friday to give us an estimate and we lined him up for an August install. I asked him if he travels to Medford for
    install and he said sure. In fact, he did a job in Medford not too long ago.
    Tell him Brian and Hyacinth recommended him.
    Good Luck
  8. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Remember that you need more than an installation.....

What if you have problems in the first month, the first year, next year? How about regular service and cleaning of the pipe? It is best done by someone who knows the stove to some degree.

In general, I suggest going one way or the other......having a dealer who has sold and serviced the particular brand for years be the one who you buy from - and get it installed by. Or, if you are really handy and have a dealer who will work with you, then you can buy long distance.

I just do not want folks to think that Pellet stoves are as reliable as computers or flat screen TV's or microwave ovens. They are not, and it is very typical for them to need service or parts over the years -and sometimes even right away. Some folks are handy, some cannot turn a screwdriver - keep all this in mind, and you will avoid the old "boat anchor" syndrome - that term being used to describe a stove which is not working!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.