need to find the right size screws to attach my heat shield to the hearthstone tribute

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new to this forum, and I've tried searching, but didn't come up an answer. I've also googled and didn't get an answer there either. I have a hearthstone tribute which I love, and I ordered a blower and heat shield to spread the heat a little better. But when it arrived, there wasn't any screws in the box. When I went to the dealer, they didn't know the answer - oh well. Anyway. there are screw holes provided to put attach the heat shield but it's up under the stove and also below the top lip on the back of the stove. Does anybody know what size screws a person needs to attach the heat shield brackets? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Milt

My Homestead had the screws to mount the heat shield already in the holes on the stove. Just backed them out, mounted the bracket, the heat shield had self tapping screws to mount it to the bracket, about #8 x 1/2", maybe #10's. Have the dealer call Hearthstone and ask them.. but are you sure the screws aren't up in the packaging? I was quite surprised at all the packaging involved in shipping a piece of bent up sheet metal.

Yep, it was strange - no instructions, no screws. And no screws in the holes - which would have made sense. My unit had been returned because somebody had broken the soapstone, so maybe they had removed the screws. Anyway thanks!!
Milt

Status
Not open for further replies.