Need to get a better wood hauler and be quicker on the scrounge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
now if I could just find one of those up here in Canuck land!!!

Would be cheaper than rebuilding mine.

now if I could just find one of those up here in Canuck land!!!

Would be cheaper than rebuilding mine.

Usually, I just load the truck, but in a pinch, I bring the trailer

PIC00001.jpg

Reactions: D8Chumley
What about licensing? I mean, how do you get it home if I drive up there before the pick up time runs out, and they start charging for storage? Do I just run it home on a two hour drive with no lights, license, and figure that all out later? .

Rent a flat trailer, and bring it home that way. OR, do like I did. Go up there stupid and not knowing any better, take some cheap magnetic tow lights, and drag it home. If you get caught, well, don't say I told you to do it! ;lol

Really, it's better to rent a trailer.

What is the "fees" at the end? Like what should I expect to pay total on top of winning bid?

10%

They're currently having an auction right now. I wonder how it would work if I bid on a 5k machine, and then didn't pass the background check or whatever? Seems you should fill all that out first, make sure everythings ok, and then bid.

If you don't pass, the sale is canceled.

I notice the newer trailers are starting at 300, but going for over a grand with like 40 plus bids, so it kind of takes away the incentive of getting one on the cheap. I might have to stick to the old 1960's models that get like one or two bids and hover around $400. The one I wanted here close to me just went for almost 2K, so 6 times the starting price. Nah. Kinda tough to bid against 70K people. I might just stick to the local in person auctions with less than 300 people.

You have to watch and bide your time. Last year a batch was released through the Yermo depot in California, and they had a few HUNDRED trailers for sale. Supply and demand, folks. People were getting nice trailers for $200 and $300 bucks, beaters for $150.

At the moment the supply is low, so prices are up. Patience will be rewarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.