Neighborly love

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joefrompa

Minister of Fire
Sep 7, 2010
SE PA
My neighbor gave me over 2 cords of cut & split pine last night - and helped me stack it. He did all the work himself on the cutting and the splitting (which, for pine, he can keep).

No price. Just gave it to me. This is on top of the ~3 cords of pine he's given me already in various forms.

The guy has single-handedly made my 2011/2012 winter a good one, and already put a solid dent on 2012/2013. I'm going to buy some fully seasoned cherry & pin oak off him to sprinkle in. Perfectly split stuff. Maybe $75-100 a cord.

I've heard cherry is amazing smelling, so I wanted to get some of that for evening burns with my wife and I watching a movie.

Great neighbor, he deserves a big thanks. Bring him some nice wine, case of beer or a bushel of garden goodies.

Joe, good neighbors are priceless!

He's amazing. On his .6 acre properly, he's taken down (himself) ~30 pine trees and about 15 pin oaks. Amazingly wooded suburban property.

Alas, I've only caught some of the pine and the oak is just now seasoned. I'm thinking about taking his entire stash off his hands - if I can find a place to store it!

Ya Joe, I'd grab at those pin oaks for sure.

I need it to toss in with the pine for the coaling of the oak. The pine will do great really choked back on the stove, but it won't leave any coals behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.