Neo 2.5 fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Hi. I haven’t been here for awhile because my Pacific Energy Neo 2.5 has been working well. But now the fan is no longer turning on and off automatically. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Does it turn on manually? If not, it could be a bad toggle switch.
If it does turn on manually then my guess is there is a bad temp probe.
If you take off the surround panel you should see the wire going from the switch up the side between the firebox and the outer shell right in front of the fan. It then attaches to the side of the firebox. I would start there. Look for any corrosion, breaks, etc.

Also, Im not positive but there may be a fuse since those fans run on 12v. If so, fuse could be blown. I would look but I have a fire going as I type this.

Thanks for your suggestions. It turns on and off manually so I guess it's not a fuse problem. I'm not comfortable taking things apart so I guess I'll have to call a technician.
Chances are it's a bad temperature switch (not to be confused with the on/off toggle switch). Easy fix provided the tech can get the part.
At least you can still use the fans manually.