Nestor Martin X33 in an alcove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jarsburn

Jan 29, 2008
California
I am renovating my house and demoed existing sleeve cheapo pre-fab fireplace. Will update framing to create an alcove for a NM X33 that I purchased. Everything can dimension out properly 60' alcove height and 48" width, BUT I notice another dimension on spec sheet-see attachment-it's the diagonal line from front knob to wall "H" at 28"...WHAT IS THIS? Could it be amount front has to be inset from surrounding wall??? Also, plan on putting in slate floor, but can drywall line alcove walls and ceiling or is ceramic or stone material a safer bet??? Rest assured, I WILL hire licensed and experienced hearth co. to do install with HT pipe in chimney. THANKS!

Attachments

• X33 Alcove dimension.jpg
    X33 Alcove dimension.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 233
Strange - does that correspond to a measurement in the text in the manual? I was going to make a guess, but that is too unclear!

It should be spelled out better because there is no way of knowing from just the drawing if it is minimum, max, or even the depth (min or max?) of the alcove.

OK, I looked at the manual - no more text about it...

My guess is that is the deepest that the total alcove can be. Makes sense, because any other use of that measurement would do away with the other two

Status
Not open for further replies.