New Accentra FS--PICTURES ADDED

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pkitfox

Jan 4, 2009
Western Nevada
Been running for just two days, but what a stove! The last pellet stove I had was in the mid 90's. All manual control back then (feed rate and convection fan speed, if I remember). The Accentra is maintaining the temperature within 1 degree according to the digital thermometer on the 30 year old gas furnace (pilot off for 2 years, our Enviro DV gas stove has heated the house).

The cost of pellets where we bought the stove is 259 a ton for Golden fire, and 249 a ton for Forest fuel. The Forest fuel were on sale for 219 a ton, and although the Golden fire are supposed to be better, The Forest fuel are burning real nice in the new stove. At 219 a ton they will be my choice. BTW, the pellets and the stove came from R Supply in Fallon Nevada. The Accentra was 2699.00 plus 150 for the cast iron hearth pad. We we used 3" duravent (corner install), out to a cleanout tee and up 5 feet. Burning great. A little smoke smell on startup so I will be rechecking all the pipe joints and adding hi temp RTV. The convection fan has a slight rattle at any speed above mid range, so another thing to look into. Overall, we are very happy so far (after 2 days I suppose we go a way to go!).

I figure that with the price of gas here (1.15 per therm), pellets will have to be well under 200 per ton to beat the DV gas stove in cost to run, but the Accentra has made a big difference in the comfort level because of it's location in our tri-level house. A little extra money I will spend for my wife to be happy. She loves the Accenta!

Jim

Photos added. Kinda messy behind the stove with wires from the removed surround sound. We are removing the prefab fireplace starting next week that is in the center of the wall. TV and surround will be located where the prefab junk fireplace was. If it had been a decent fireplace, we probably would have went with the insert.

Attachments

• pellet outside vent pipe.jpg
    pellet outside vent pipe.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 336
  • pellet pipe with direct vent.jpg
    pellet pipe with direct vent.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 358
  • pellet stove.jpg
    pellet stove.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 363
Cool !! Nothing like having a happy wife ;-)

You must realize that pics are required, or it didn't happen. Either the stove, happy wife, or, preferably, both.

Nice set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.