New addition

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adios Pantalones

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
DSCF0064.JPG

This is Simon. We went to drop some stuff off at the shelter that we didn't need after our last house rabbit passed away and we fell in love. We thought he was a frail old man. He had long hair, was very timid, but sweet- they picked him up off the street full of ticks.

When we brought our dogs to meet him a week later- he was a new dog. A new hairdo and crazy energy. Turns out they estimate he was only 9 months old (estimated)!

598822_3318484962781_1287984025_32468734_2049647689_n.jpg

He is too freakin cute AP...
What kind of dog is he?

I am so glad you gave him a new home half smiley.jpg
I've got the itch to get a dog...:confused:

Reactions: Adios Pantalones
OH YEAH, he's gonna be ALOT of fun and enjoyment..........................................read those eyes, they speak volumes.

OH YEAH, he's gonna be ALOT of fun and enjoyment..........................................read those eyes, they speak volumes.

Yep, that little dog looks smart & fun. Great job on giving him a good home. A C

That little fella just hit the lottery. Good for you AP and definitely good for Simon.

That's great. All of our pets have been rescues. They seem to appreciate the cushy life they have now, after going through who-knows-what.

Good looking pup, AP. I swear those little guys will wear out your throwing arm.

You really should review your choice of color on your toes. Your skin tone leads more to a bright purple.

Very cute. Love those eyes -- you can see the love in them.

So if someone wants to rescue a dog from a shelter,is there is an "adoption" process?
I always thought you would be able to take the dog home that day.
See, I am clueless to this whole rescue thing. Not sure where to even start.
AP, in your case I guess you had to bring your dogs to meet the new one? Is that usual protocol?

So if someone wants to rescue a dog from a shelter,is there is an "adoption" process?
I always thought you would be able to take the dog home that day.
See, I am clueless to this whole rescue thing. Not sure where to even start.
AP, in your case I guess you had to bring your dogs to meet the new one? Is that usual protocol?

Ya, they take it seriously when you adopt a rescue. There are people out there that either have no clue on how to treat a dog, or who are seriously sickos- so we filled out a questionnaire, waited for them to review, and came back for the puppy meet and greet. Adoption fees can be a few hundred bucks- but that includes shots, checkup, neutering, operation expenses, plus food etc- so we were glad to pay it.

In our case- we saw him a week or so after he was taken off the streets, and there's a minimum time before the vet gives an all-clear, and they have to hold him for someone to claim if it's a stray. I can't wait to get home to my critters.

Good on ya, AP ( & the Mrs. !!). Love the look in his eyes first pic, he was looking for some one !!

Yes, Gamma, there is a process, but it can be pretty quick if you're ducks are in a row. Vet, references, etc.Be prepared to fill out a questionaire about your household habits.... that kinda stuff.

AP, I hear ya on coming home to the critters... after Chester died, I did not want to come home to a "dogless house". Took a month, but I got the Murph. Life got better real fast !

Simon's a lucky pup! Good for you AP!
Adoption is normally our first choice...but, it's tough for me as I want to take them all home. The Mrs and I will agree on the apprx size/age/sex and then I leave it up to her to bring a new buddy home. Sometimes she doesn't stick to the shopping list but once they are home they don't go back :)
I can't imagine our home without dogs. All you have to do is treat them right and the rewards are endless.

Thanks folks. He's a smart one- and super active. The other 2 are tolerating him much better already.

It was tough to not take home a cat or 2 as well. In a way we're lucky that my wife is allergic

Reactions: Delta-T
I always find it difficult to go to the animal shelter, cuz you just wanna bring them all home. If/when, we get a bigger house, we'll get more animals I'm sure.
High 5 AP. You can tell, The Pantalones Family meets Simon, was destiny.

"You were just checkin out my butt, weren't you?"

Simon is gonna be a "sneaky" one me thinks...
It is always those "innocent" looking ones you gotta watch out for...Eye_anim.gif

They'll work it out, AP. But you guys know that.

How are the food issues?

They'll work it out, AP. But you guys know that.

How are the food issues?
No food issues with him at all. He threw up once on the day we brought him home, eats a the same time as the others, and is a perfect gentleman

Awesome.. what a gentleman
cool0044.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.