New and Improved EKO 40

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DMX_512

Hearth Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Louisville, KY
I was talking with the guys at Cozy Heat late last week regarding some pieces parts and estimated ship date of my EKO 40. They asked me if I wanted the new and improved model (all gray) or the old style (green body / gray doors)? I asked what the differences were, besides color. He told me that the exhaust vent lever was modified to be in a more user friendly position was the major thing that he saw. Dave has been busy but I think I will e-mail him and see what other changes, that he knows of, have been made to the unit(s).
I should be getting the boiler this week...I'll post some pics

Be sure to ask him about the new nozzle configuration that is supposedly in the works. It has a better air/fuel mix design.

Also ask about the exhaust fan ( I'm not sure which one you will need, they list 3 different sizes) and a chimney draught regulator if you are installing it in your basement. Poland, who still denies that there is any odor issue just re did their web site and added a page to their newest manual listing these items to guarantee a negative pressure in your upper chamber. I am so mad I could spit bullets. For the past year I have been banging my head against the wall and have had my a** chewed because of the smell now I find out with no help from Poland or the supplier that they have a solution that their Trained Technical installers use over there! Well we don't have any techs we can call for installation problems per their manual. In fact I asked one of their Techs - Kamil when he was coming to New York because I have about 50 "friends" that installed the EKOs in their basements and are a little upsewt with the odor.
No response.
Thanks for letting me vent on your thread. I'll be better now. If you go to www.EKO-vimarOrlanski.com.pl and go to offers - you can see the new last page of the manual. You can translate the whole manual to English except the last page, that's still in Polish.
Good luck with the New and Improved EKO 40
Brooksie

Brooksie1964 said:
Also ask about the exhaust fan ( I'm not sure which one you will need, they list 3 different sizes) and a chimney draught regulator if you are installing it in your basement. Poland, who still denies that there is any odor issue just re did their web site and added a page to their newest manual listing these items to guarantee a negative pressure in your upper chamber. I am so mad I could spit bullets. For the past year I have been banging my head against the wall and have had my a** chewed because of the smell now I find out with no help from Poland or the supplier that they have a solution that their Trained Technical installers use over there! Well we don't have any techs we can call for installation problems per their manual. In fact I asked one of their Techs - Kamil when he was coming to New York because I have about 50 "friends" that installed the EKOs in their basements and are a little upsewt with the odor.
No response.
Thanks for letting me vent on your thread. I'll be better now. If you go to www.EKO-vimarOrlanski.com.pl and go to offers - you can see the new last page of the manual. You can translate the whole manual to English except the last page, that's still in Polish.
Good luck with the New and Improved EKO 40
Brooksie

Brooksie,

Hammer down on Zennon as he is the importer If EKO poland has a fix then so should Zennon.

Well Dave at Cozy Heat e-mailed me back and said that the improvements are in the exhaust by-pass lever and added insulation around the boiler itself. Oh and the new paint job, although he has not actuall gotten his hands on one yet. He also said that the warehouse sometimes has a mind of their own and ships what they can when they can. I'll just wait and see what shows up on the dock.
Pics to follow when it gets into the basement

Status
Not open for further replies.