New Bixby owner , needs help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Maltaburner

Jan 21, 2018
Malta, New York
Hello All, We bought a bixby Maxfire for poor people up road with no heat in house. It is a 115 serial # 6477. Ran well with people whom we purchased from for $650. Got it set up , left ignitor crapped out. Having issues with ash dump; cleaned well, but still over fills burn pot after dump when burning wood. Also, where can I get latest version on "Bixfix" software ,the bixby operating software update (v 2.73), and the computer interface cable? These people are poor - 3 guys down on luck, we are trying to do the right thing getting a stable heat source in the old farm house. Kerosene was killing them. Thanks - Maltaburner

Rona here is who you need for advice. He is the Bixby guy. Best of luck. Try using the search bar plugging in your issue and Bixby or Google it. There are some threads on them here. I am really no help. I have never even seen a Bixby in person. They are supposed to be a very reliable stove though.

Hello All, We bought a bixby Maxfire for poor people up road with no heat in house. It is a 115 serial # 6477. Ran well with people whom we purchased from for $650. Got it set up , left ignitor crapped out. Having issues with ash dump; cleaned well, but still over fills burn pot after dump when burning wood. Also, where can I get latest version on "Bixfix" software ,the bixby operating software update (v 2.73), and the computer interface cable? These people are poor - 3 guys down on luck, we are trying to do the right thing getting a stable heat source in the old farm house. Kerosene was killing them. Thanks - Maltaburner
email is [email protected]. send me a e-mail

Reactions: bags
email is [email protected]. send me a e-mail
Had a little trouble here with computer system. I got a e-mail from you and responded in a quite long e-mail advising how to properly clean and eliminate potential problems with the stove but something acted up just as I sent it and I lost everything I was going to send plus your e-mail to me. So could you resend that e-mail address?

If everything else is working I think you should lower your exh fan speed or increase the fuel supply. You don't have enough fuel to build up the fire or ashes and when it slices the fire is below the slicer and you loose everything. By decreasing the fan speed and increasing the fuel rate you will build up the ashes in the pot so that when the slicer slices it will hold the fire above the pot until the pot empties and then drop the fire into the bottom of the pot where it will continue to burn.