New BK Princess Ultra

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

camaro14

Aug 18, 2015
NE Ohio
A few weeks ago I posted a thread on "are blaze kings that good". Because of all the positive replies I got, I went out and bought my new stove yesterday. My wife would kill me if she heard me say this but I can't wait until the cold snowy weather hits so I can try it out! Thanks again to all those who helped make my decision easier. The only thing that could have been better is finding one on Craigslist for $675 like the other guy did.

Attachments

• 20150829_094426.jpg
    20150829_094426.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 198
Reactions: sequoia and Blazing
After having one myself, it is difficult to recommend anything else unless that person just wants a stove for ambiance or is retired. The long burn times really help out with a typical person's schedule. That and the deep belly make for a wonderful stove.

Reactions: Highbeam
A few weeks ago I posted a thread on "are blaze kings that good". Because of all the positive replies I got, I went out and bought my new stove yesterday. My wife would kill me if she heard me say this but I can't wait until the cold snowy weather hits so I can try it out! Thanks again to all those who helped make my decision easier. The only thing that could have been better is finding one on Craigslist for $675 like the other guy did.
Have fun with your new stove. I would love to test drive one myself, but for various reasons cannot. Make sure to post your experiences in this coming year's BK performance threads. I always enjoy reading these; I assume many other non-BK people do as well. For now, I must enjoy the BK vicariously through the experience of others. I too am learning a new stove this fall, so I'm with you on the desire for cold snowy weather.

You will get your wish for cold, snowy weather soon enough. The BK should make it a little more bearable and at times even enjoyable.

Nice ultra. Double wall is good.

Good luck with it,can I ask who you bought it from,i'm in Northeast Ohio also.You'll love it guaranteed remember they like well seasoned wood.I may trade my four year old King ultra in on a King parlor.

I just bought a King Ultra myself, after reading so many threads praising the Blaze King brand..
Kinda hopin for some cold weather to try er out too.......... Then it can warm back up for awhile..

I just bought a King Ultra myself, after reading so many threads praising the Blaze King brand..
Kinda hopin for some cold weather to try er out too.......... Then it can warm back up for awhile..

Don't wait. Burn it now so that you can open Windows and let all the burning paint smells out. My first bk fire was in August.

Don't wait. Burn it now so that you can open Windows and let all the burning paint smells out. My first bk fire was in August.
I'm not hooked up yet, need to do some framing, then install stove pipe,,,,, hope to have it done in the next 2 weeks or so..

Good luck with it,can I ask who you bought it from,i'm in Northeast Ohio also.You'll love it guaranteed remember they like well seasoned wood.I may trade my four year old King ultra in on a King parlor.

Bought it from Cherry Valley Stoves in Ashtabula county. I live pretty close to them. They were great to work with. Couldn't ask for a better buying experience.

I'm not hooked up yet, need to do some framing, then install stove pipe,,,,, hope to have it done in the next 2 weeks or so..

I'm right in front of you this season with cold temps knocking and no stove on the hearth due to a hearth rebuild project. I can be burning with one afternoon's work once this dang sealer on the stone cures.

Status
Not open for further replies.