New Bricks?????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HatCityIAFF

Burning Hunk
Oct 26, 2011
Western CT
It's my fault. The delivery guy from Estes called at 2:45pm and said he'd be there in 30 min. Of course 6:00pm rolls around and I give him a call back to ask where he was, and he said he was 15 min. away. 7:15pm he pulls in my driveway. Almost 5 hrs later!!! I guess you could say I was frustrated after taking a whole day off of work. So I help him unload, and unpackaged the whole stove, and everything looked OK after a quick look over. (Just wanted him out of my house). Low and behold later on when I look inside, i have two completely cracked in half bricks, and a completely bent surround!!! I was able to hammer out the surround, but I'm not sure if i should keep the broken bricks in there. I did sign the shipping receipt, so its all mine now, but anyone know where I could find new bricks? According to the manual, its a "A" brick and a "B" brick.

Attachments

• IMG_3613.jpg
    IMG_3613.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_3615.jpg
    IMG_3615.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_3617.jpg
    IMG_3617.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_3618.jpg
    IMG_3618.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_3623.jpg
    IMG_3623.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 199
On the bottom of the stove, it'll be fine in my opinion. Being anal, I would replace it but I wouldn't worry about running the stove in the meantime. They still fit pretty well.

Perhaps call the company up or email and share the pics with them, might be surprised to find them sending you replacements. After all, they packaged the unit and they should know how violent some deliveries are.

pen

Ash will fill it in on the first burn. But bricks at my stove shop are three bucks apiece. Less wear on the mind than hammering out that surround must have been.

BTW: Please put your stove in your sig so we know what we are looking at.

I would contact the stove company and let them handle this matter and I feel they will make things right..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.