New Castle Serenity and Noisy Fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
IMG_20170122_161206.jpeg
IMG_20170122_161157.jpeg
IMG_20170122_161132.jpeg

Here are pics if fan before removal.

Sent from my A621BL using Tapatalk

Once the fan is out inspect every one of the blades make sure they are all straight. Other then that I would just wait until tomorrow to talk with Ardisam they will get you fixed up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vand M
Once the fan is out inspect every one of the blades make sure they are all straight. Other then that I would just wait until tomorrow to talk with Ardisam they will get you fixed up.

He is doing it now and looking for anything else he can find .

Motor seem a little stiff. Doesn't want to spin freely. Fan blades are all straight. Should I still oil the bearings??

That fan should spin real free, so yeah pull the grommets and check the bushings, add a few drops of oil, reinstall the grommets and see if it loosens up.

Either way I would be calling Ardisam for a replacement fan.

Either way I would be calling Ardisam for a replacement fan.
Yes , we are going to call Ardisam anyway ..The first thing he said was the fan stopped immediately . It did not keep spinning ..He just said there was only one rubber grommet. the motor and shaft go to the fan vent on the other side.

Just to let everyone know. Oiled grommet and reinstalled fan. Issue is still there. Calling Ardisam in the morning and picking up the second castle serenity for the living room lol

Reactions: rich2500
when my convection fan has made noise like that, replacing the fan bearings has resolved the problem. Hope they'll send you a new fan.

They should send one. It's under warranty. It only 2 days old lol. I will look up new bearings. If I can rebuild this fan I will have an extra. Thanks for the info!!

Reactions: rich2500
View attachment 193281View attachment 193282View attachment 193283

Pics of the fan out

One thing you can do to help when you call for tech support, is if you are going to town, buy a meter that is known as a "kill a watt" meter.
Here's a picture of mine and what the reading was for the stove on heat setting one.
running%20watts.jpg

If you can find one of these meters, it will help you diagnose a lot of things beyond the stove. But tech support can tell you if things are out of spec if you have one and know what it reads when the stove is running.

I will have to see if I can find one. That would come in handy for a lot of things lol thanks

Any update

New part is on its way. I picked up another serenity so, it is in place of the other one. Until the part comes in. Then I will put the one that gets fixed in the living room at the other end of the house... The new one is quiet and no funny sounds so far. Just firing it up now lol

New part is on its way. I picked up another serenity so, it is in place of the other one. Until the part comes in. Then I will put the one that gets fixed in the living room at the other end of the house... The new one is quiet and no funny sounds so far. Just firing it up now lol

I am replying behind Murph .As right now .We do not if we should laugh or scream .All is hooked up tested and correct .We are getting the EXACT same noise as with the first stove ???? He is going over all AGAIN ..WOW LOL

The sound is coming from the top part of the blower chamber. That is the loudest place. Took the top panel off and the chamber is enclosed. The top plate to the chamber is snug agents the sides except for one side of the chamber plate. Could that cause the whistle sound we are hearing in both stoves?? Was thinking of high temp silicone to see if it makes any difference.

IMG_20170123_202552.jpeg

This is the gap I found when I took the top off.

Never had the top off my Serenity so I'm not sure what things should look like, where abouts you located, if your not to far I would be willing to come by and take a listen.It just seems abnormal to have the same issue with 2 stoves and never heard this complaint before.

We are off of 272 from oxford P.A. close to Cecil College in Bayview

We can pay for travel if it's not to far for you!

I might start looking at the OAK and flue piping or how it connects to the stove.
I was wondering about this myself .This is V ..I mentioned to Murph about the OAK because it seems to be just a little different install from our prior stove .Than the way Ardisam has theirs :) We really want to keep these stoves .2 doing the exact same thing is just strange .I am sitting here feeling great heat .We found an air leak(old house) into the kitchen area where it is installed .The wind always tells us . TODAY its WIND here :) Which is why it didnt feel as if it was blowing good heat .

We would compensate you for more then just travel.