New chimney for 1975 Heatilator

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RobWill

Apr 27, 2023
Halifax, Ns
I apologize if this has been answered before, but I was unable to locate a related thread. I have a 1975 Heatilator corner unit (open 2 sides) fireplace. Is it possible to buy a new chimney for this unit. I was told they are very specific to the fireplace and no longer available. If so, where might I order one. I am in Canada, so this side of the border would be preferd.
Thanks,
--Rob

It may very well be an older class A chimney that is no longer made.

I assume you already contacted HNI/Heatilator for info?

There are quite a few Heatilator threads on this forum each year, so chance are another owner having faced a similar situation will happen upon this, at some point.

I'd also be surprised if @bholler hasn't come across a few, in his daily work.

If none of that pans out, maybe it's time to consider a tear-out and rework to something newer and better?

Assuming this is a prefab and not a heat form we don't have that many. And I won't do much with them other than cleaning

It sounds like I should start over with a new fireplace. Likely much more efficient as well. Thanks for the feedback everyone.