New Clydesdale up & running

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mooseburger2nite

Hearth Supporter
Dec 14, 2010
Relocated Yankee in NC
Behind schedule, but I'm happy with the results. What did I learn? Add cement to the pre-mixed type S...it sticks much better. The flagstone cutting resulted in a large pile of small rock...glad the supplier gave me extra. The stuff has a mind of its own!

Hearthstone Clydesdale, Flex King Pro liner, Owens-Corning Aspen Country Ledgestone, Flagstone hearth, a 200# rock mantle...all this over the top of a 25 year old red brick eyesore.

Stay warm...Mooseburger2nite

Attachments

• New Clydesdale up & running
    NewFireJan2011.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 355
done a nice job on your project, love the stone job, hope it keeps you warm for years to come

Thanks everyone. The mantle...it's some type of natural stone...I assumed flagstone or soapstone but not positive. Carolina Stone sells them for $200...tan or gray are the only options. 12"x76"x2-3/8" thick...you need to eat your Wheaties before picking the thing up. Added the 3rd support...used 6ea 3" screws on each & mortared to an existing header.

Nice, I love the stone.

Looks great. That pre mixed stuff is garbage. I did an exterior wall on my house this year with similiar stone. I put the wire mesh up, mixed up the mortar(pre-mix) and applied to wall. Two days later, I had to rip it all back down, the mix was too lean, same as yours apparently.

Wow, great looking installation. Nice job on the stone. Great choice on an insert also. I have tons of happy Clydesdale customers up here in Central NY. Enjoy it!

Very pretty install.

Status
Not open for further replies.