New convection deck on Englander 30nc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MAD MARK

Feeling the Heat
Jan 31, 2016
Pittsburgh PA
Took after Highbeam, thanks for his post and additional help. Top plate 1/8" SS. 1.5" square tube on sides.

Painted with Rustoleum high heat Flat. Matches stove pretty well. Stove needs repainted come off season.

All surrounding areas area within spec for combustibles except the wood on floor.

New convection deck on Englander 30nc New convection deck on Englander 30nc New convection deck on Englander 30nc

Only had it on one night so far and it was 45 outside, resulting in 87 in garage. So can't really tell if helped or not.

I needed Urethane to dry so 87 was fine with me.

You might have a hard time keeping paint on that SS plate. Stainless is notoriously hard to keep rattle can paint on.

Interesting mod. Is the point of it to keep the air moving from the back of the stoves heat shield over the top of the stove?

That's the idea.

And I used wire wheel to rough up the SS. Stainless is all we use at work so that's what was laying around.