new conveyor (to me)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

captjack

Jan 24, 2009
Eastern Shore of MD
Got a decent deal on a NH 155 smoker conveyor - 24ft - replaced some links on the chain - replaced the wooden 1x3 strips - gave her a 20ft rattle can pain job and waaalaaa Now I have to modify the table on my tw5 splitter and the chute so they match up - then I can eliminate touching firewood some more in my process
50119650008__26975CF2-E5C7-4E9A-B33A-2AA4AA9356D0.JPG.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Neighbour has one of those but he hasn't incorporated it yet into his process. Will keep an eye open to see what you come up with to pass along... He's getting up there in years and has back problems so is trying to minimize the physical stress of c/s/s wood. Thinking about pellets down the road when his options become more limited....

my idea is to build metal boxes in two sizes - some 4x4x8 and some 4x4x4 using mesh sides so the wood can season in them - then use tractor to bring boxes from splitting area to the pad by the OWB - The smaller boxes are set in garage to use in the wood stoves. kinda like the pictures below

Attachments

• fill_basket1 copy.jpg
    fill_basket1 copy.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 242
  • A11232_1_full.jpg
    A11232_1_full.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 219
Status
Not open for further replies.