New guy, old question perhaps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gurus

Oct 30, 2012
Hey folks. New guy here with a question that has probably been posed in the past(though I searched for it, with no luck).

I have a 1994 Breckwell P24FS. I love it. The thing is a workhorse. Noticed two days ago that the auger will not autofeed. It will manual feed, all the fans run, all the swtiches on the board work. Even the little green light that comes on during the autofeed process comes on. Turn up the dial, and the light comes on more often. Everything seems to work with the exception of the autofeed. I started to think possibly vaccum switch, but I bypassed it last night to no avail.

Sounds like a control board problem to me. Before I send the board to a guy for repair (I wish to repair this and not do the digital conversion at this time) would any folks have any thoughts? Anyone face a similar issue in the past?

Thanks in advance for any help and thanks for having this great online resource.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.